Where to find Carplay?
Carplay where to find
By connecting an iOS device to your car you can, amongst other things, listen to music, make calls, send and receive messages, as well as use selected apps. The functions can also be voice-controlled using Siri.
Set up CarPlay by connecting your iPhone and your vehicle using your vehicle’s USB port or its wireless capability.
Our website provides you with Carplay units that connect wirelessly without any cables, you can check the units we offer here: TheCarPlayer.com
How to connect to Carplay via USB?
CarPlay is available to iOS users that have an iPhone with Lightning connectors (i.e. iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, and functions on iPhones with iOS 7 upwards). You can connect with Carplay using these steps:
- Check that your vehicle supports CarPlay
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port. The USB port is usually labelled with either a smartphone icon or a CarPlay icon.
- Make sure that your car engine is turned on and your car is running.
- Ask Siri for whatever it is that you need. You can do this in either of the following ways:
- Press and hold the home button on your iPhone until Siri comes up on your stereo display, then simply ask for what you need.
- If your car has a voice control button on your steering wheel, hold it and ask Siri for what you need. Then you can access the features of CarPlay using your vehicles touchscreen.
How to connect to Carplay wirelessly?
On a vehicle that supports wireless CarPlay, do one of the following (see your owner’s guide for detailed instructions):
- Press and hold the voice command button on your steering wheel.
- Make sure your vehicle is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars.
- Choose your vehicle.
On some vehicle models, CarPlay Home appears automatically when you connect iPhone.
If CarPlay Home doesn’t appear, select the CarPlay logo on your vehicle’s display.
Our complete Carplay collection you can find on the following link: Carplay products